Using the (All purpose wheat pizza dough) recipe from the previous post, I topped it off with some herbs, garlic, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, seasoned chicken breast, bacon bits after spreading KRAFT Spicy BBQ sauce on one side and Prego tomato sauce on the other.
I am a pizza lover. It is my weakness.. but I found a healthy way to still indulge 😉
To make wheat pizza dough, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 packet of yeast or fast rise yeast
– 3/4 cup of warm water
– 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil or other heart healthy oil
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/4 cups of white flour
– 1 cup of whole wheat flour
1. To make the crust, dissolve the yeast into the warm water.
2. Add oil and salt to that mixture.
3. Add the flours and knead them into the liquid mixture using a dough hook on your mixer, although you can knead it with your hands also.
4. Cover and let dough rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
5. After the dough has risen, place your pizza pan into the oven and preheat for 425 degrees F.
6. Take the risen dough and roll out into a 12″ pizza crust on a clean, floured countertop or cutting board.
7. Using your fingers, roll the edges into an outer crust. Make it as thick as you’ll like.
8. Carefully slide it onto your pan. (then add toppings!)
9. Bake your pizza at 425 for about 15 minutes or until crust is brown and crisp, but not too brown.